It is middle winter here in the Aegean. Our city is well known for its mild winters, but still flowers mostly bloom in the Spring and Summer. But on my windowsill tall and bright in the cold of winter stands two red tulips in full bloom. I admire their beauty but also strength. There is beauty in hope; "blooming" against all odds. Tulips are known for blooming where the weather is cooler but I can not help think the phrase: "Bloom where you are planted."
Some flower types are known for being strong standing out in snow, ice, desert heat, filthy ponds, dark valleys, cracks in the side walk and even the gutter. They draw attention, make people think and look twice, they are even wondered about and admired.
I can not help but think of God's heart for us humans in this scenario. The world in its self is not the ideal environment for us to "bloom" either. But we were designed by a God of hope to survive and "bloom" to our full potential. It is easier said than done, I know. To survive is one thing but to "bloom" that is another.
We are so uniquely put together with different personalities, cultures, environments etc.
Even the tulips here on my windowsill is not a clone product either. Their colors, size, length of leaves are different. It would be unfair to compare them with one another. Just like us humans too. In their own way each flower are beautiful and unique.
LETS "BLOOM":
KNOWING WHO MY MAKER IS: Standing against all odds on the truth in the Word of God. Reading and studying the Word so I do know who He truly is. Through this knowing and understanding His character. When the storms of life comes I know that I can depend on Him. He will sustain me, I can trust His character.
KNOWING WHO I AM: The way I was designed, my gifttings, my weaknesses, my strengths, my desires etc. To be alive in recognizing and acknowledging myself in who God has made me. To celebrate in who I am.
KNOWING HIS PLANS AND WILL FOR MY LIFE: To make sure that which I am pouring my time and energy for this season, is what is on His heart for me. To be secure, knowing I am at the right place at the right time.
KNOWING WHERE I'M HEADING: Because I know who He is I can step out and dream about the future. By being secure in my gifttings and desires. I can set goals for the future in faith. Often those desires and dreams and goals we want to reach, are there put by Him. I believe that He delights in us discovering these desires.
KNOWING THE PAST IS HISTORY AND THE FUTURE IN HIS HANDS: It is often difficult not to look back and remember past failures and dissapointments. They are like dead branches on a tree reminding us of past events or mistakes. To make peace and bring those things before Him in prayer. Admitting failures, mistakes and sin. Leaving it at the Cross in faith. The future is a clean page in hope in Him.
As we are all from different countries, cultures and backgrounds we all will "bloom" different. Let us not hold back but "bloom" there where we are planted. Lets "bloom" against all odds so God can receive the glory. It is only through His care, love and encouragement that our "blooming" can be a blessing to others...like these Tulips blooming on my windowsill in the cold of winter.
3 comments:
You are right, what was I thinking.
Great job and a good theme. And thanks for the mention.
Thanks for the kind words and the plug. Much appreciated.
I love the way you write, and the way you think. Living in a desert myself, I LOVE the title of your blog.
Thank you Jamie Jo for your encouragement. I love the tittle too, it says more than a thousand words could. I enjoy reading your blogs too. Many hugs.
Post a Comment