Tuesday, April 12, 2011

LIVING A POWERFUL STORY telling a story!


If we would meet over a cup of coffee and start sharing our hearts, joys, hardships, dreams, miracles and even disappointments....our stories. I believe we would be deeply stirred and touched. We would be encouraged by God’s greatness and I believe filled with compassion for one another's stories.

You might think reading this: “Oh I have gone through such pain and sadness, nobody would want to hear my story!” or “Oh my life is so normal, just day to day and even boring at times.” Or even: “ My situation is hopeless, I’m a terrible person and mother, just hoping to get through every day.”Yes, maybe it is utterly sad or hyper exciting or just normal. But somebody can relate, God is always at work.

What is it that stirs our hearts with compassion for another? When does that moment of friendship happen? When we share our hearts as woman? Is it not that moment when we can relate? When it recalls emotions and situations, when we can say: “Yes I know how you feel.” Or is it when the person sharing is deeply emotional, hurt or struggling? Or is it just someone taking an ordinary story and sharing it with passion and victory? Or when we love somebody unconditional?

We all like a good story. When we can relate, feel and get carried away by someones bravery or faith against all odds. Understanding the heart of the character. When we see a good plot unfold to a positive ending. This is the ideal, sharing our hearts and lives and hoping someone would understand and relate. But life does not always work out the way we hope.

The times in my life when I have made a new friend has often come through spending time with someone. Talking, praying and sharing our stories of daily life. We could shy away from this being concerned for being rejected for being real and honest. Yes, it could be and I believe it has happened.

I have often asked myself: “How does my neighbors, friends etc. perceive or see me? Who has God made me to be?” I have never felt comfortable with just falling with the door into the house sharing the Gospel with someone. But through building a friendship drinking many cups of green tea and coffee together talking about life has been more the way I like to do it. Through this I have gotten to know many people and had opportunities to share my life, my joys and struggles. My love and heart for God and how He cares for me.

Through happy and sad stories my neighbors and friends have learned where my heart is. Yes, I do get angry with my children and frustrated with people, I cry when I’m hurt and sometimes struggle to forgive when an unrighteous act was done. I’m a normal mother and wife that struggles, but I can share that He is my answer and deliverer. For two hearts to meet in friendship I believe it takes a story where someone can relate, opening the door for the Gospel message to enter in.

Yes, it is tempting to let it look like all is fine and perfect. A Christian should have it all together and sorted out. But life in reality does not work like this. I look at Jesus as an example in this. He never sinned, was never desperate or hopeless. He was fully human, he loved, became angry, was tiered and even cried. All of this He shared with his friends. They were drawn to Him and deeply stirred by his story and life.

Through the Holy Spirit working in our lives we can share who we are and touch hearts. Through our stories lives can be touched and changed. Being myself is the strongest testimony of a human being living a life devoted to God. In faith and weakness I can share my story and see God touching and changing lives.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your
blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Also visit my homepage; online business ideas 2011
Also see my website :: Crazy Entrepreneur Ideas

Anonymous said...

Very quickly this web page will be famous amid
all blogging and site-building visitors, due to it's good articles

Here is my web-site marketing with seo

Anonymous said...

That is a really good tip particularly to those
new to the blogosphere. Short but very accurate information… Appreciate
your sharing this one. A must read post!


Here is my blog post - designer online shops

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a
quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
Many thanks!

Here is my web blog: playa del carmen all inclusive

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post but I was wanting to know if you could write a
litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Bless you!

Check out my blog post: search optimization firm

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon
this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads.

I'm hoping to give a contribution & help different customers like its aided me. Great job.

Also visit my homepage; make real money online

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or
vice-versa? My blog goes over a lot of the same topics
as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an email.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!


Also visit my weblog; private krankenversicherung voraussetzung

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard information a person supply for your guests? Is gonna be again steadily to check out new posts

Feel free to visit my web blog ... bad credit home refinance loans

Anonymous said...

I pay a visit everyday some sites and sites to read
posts, but this blog provides quality based posts.


Also visit my homepage; pkv oder gkv

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so
I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


Also visit my page tybee island ga vacation rentals

Anonymous said...

Very nice article. I certainly love this site. Stick with it!


Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Recommended reading

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your site by means of Google while searching
for a related subject, your site got here up, it appears good.

I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just changed into aware of your blog via Google, and located
that it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you proceed this in future. Lots of other folks can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Visit my webpage - toronto search engine marketing
Also see my site - expert search engine optimization

Anonymous said...

You've made some really good points there. I looked on the web for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site.

my webpage - best Affiliate

Anonymous said...

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
It's on a entirely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

Here is my page :: education loans consolidation
my web page > what is debt consolidation

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to say, I loved this blog post. It was inspiring.
Keep on posting!

My webpage :: private krankenkasse
My website: pkv basistarif